“The biggest embrace you’ll ever make is to embrace yourself completely. Then you’ll realize you’ve just embraced the whole universe, and everything and everybody in it.” ~ Adyashanti
What extraordinary times! Each one of us must sit with a radically shifted world, in which the sense of control we thought we had, fell away. We now face this great unknown without the ability to plan our way to comfort. Held in place, we can allow ourselves to slide into fear, judgment, shame or grasping, or we can sit in the fierce fire of the unknown and burn away what is not real, what is no longer, what is holding us back from our true never-changing nature.
This offering is meant to stoke the fire that supports the burning through old belief structures, habits, patterns and addictions and creates the container for living the practices of yoga.
This will be an exploration of SADHANA (daily spiritual practice) and connection with the divine inside and all around. These practices offer a powerful tool to arrive at a purpose filled life.
Virtual Teacher Training Program
In this unprecedented time, we are offering a 6-month virtual 200-hour teacher training. The program is registered with Yoga Alliance (and approved for virtual offerings through the end of 2021)
- Explore yoga as a living practice, spanning 6 months of immersive training.
- Join a global community of committed practitioners to build connection.
- Learn through a mix of pre-recorded (on demand) training content alongside live discussion sessions, offerings from incredible guest teachers, and live practices.
- Establish your practice as the guide for sharing with others.
As most of us know, 200 hours is just the first exhale on the journey of a living yoga practice, but it’s a powerful one that can become the foundation of a grounded and aligned life.
This 6-month virtual immersion provides multi-dimensional study of the practices of yoga. Through 6 distinct virtual courses, we’ll cover:
- Philosophical perspectives of the 8-limbed path
- Foundational anatomy
- In-depth study of vinyasa, slow flow, and restorative techniques
- Alignment based upon both anatomy and energetic connection
- Sequencing as story-telling
- Slow Flow and Restorative Practice
- Teaching from your own personal practice
- 6 virtual courses
- Peer study and teaching groups (you’ll be matched with 5-7 others in the training and you’ll meet about once per month for discussion and teaching)
- 5 book reports (the required books for the 200 hour program listed below)
- 5 sessions with your peer teaching & practice group
- Live virtual practices and discussion sessions (see below)
The 200-hour program is registered with Yoga Alliance. Upon successful completion of the program, you’ll receive a 200-hour certificate. You’ll have the option to register with Yoga Alliance at the 200-hour level.
The core curriculum for the course will be offered through 6 virtual course areas. These are presented in pre-recorded modules that you can work through at your own pace and time, so that you can join from anywhere in the world.
- Available when you enroll: Living the 8 Limbs (50 hours)
- August 5-September 2—Energetic Alignment (25 hours)
- September 9-October 14—Intuitive Sequencing (25 hours)
- September 23-November 17—In Parts the Whole (35 hours)
- November 11-December 10—40 day sadhana (20 hours)
- November 11-December 8—Nourish (20 hours)
- +Virtual practices and live sessions, see details below (25 hours)
Each individual course area includes
- Dharma talks and discussions that outline key themes
- Techniques and detailed exploration
- Multiple practices (asana, meditation, mantra, pranayama)
Live sessions will be offered throughout
- These sessions will include special guest teachers, breakout groups and discussion sessions and explorations of special topics.
- Sessions will alternate between different times that are friendly for various regions of the world
- If you cannot attend a live session, they will be recorded for viewing later, and you’ll be asked to share in the discussion before and after.
The training program also includes access to Janet’s membership program, which includes several live virtual practices/month. You’ll be asked to attend (or practice with the recording) at least 4 of these per month.
Required books for 200 hour program
- Heart of Yoga by TKV Desikachar
- Light on Yoga by BKS Iyengar
- The Bhagavad Gita translated by Eknath Easwaren
- Stay Woke: A Meditation Guide for the Rest of Us by Justin Michael Williams
- Polishing the Mirror by Ram Dass
Books recommended for individual virtual courses
- Embrace Yoga’s Roots: Courageous Ways to Deepen your Yoga Practice by Susanna Barkataki
- The Path of the Yoga Sutras: A Practical Guide to the Core of Yoga by Nicolai Bachman
- The Yamas and the Niyamas by Deborah Adele
- Yoga of the Subtle Body by Tias Little
- The Yoga Technique Guide by Bruce Bowditch
- The Yoga Practice Guide 2: Sequencing and Pranayama for Energy Balancing by Bruce Bowditch
- My Grandmother’s Hands by Resmaa Menakem
- Anatomy of Movement by Blandine Calais-Germain
- Functional Anatomy of Yoga by David Keil
- Restore & Rebalance: Yoga for Deep Relaxation by Judith Lasater
Enrollment will close 1 week after the training begins (the training starts on August 5, 2021).
To enroll, complete the application below. You’ll be redirected to payment options after completing the application.
- Payment options include
- pay in full (one installment of $2388)
- pay in 3 installments (3 payments of $756)
- pay with a $408 deposit and the remainder in 12 installments of $180
- Rates will also be adjusted for those who previously enrolled in any of the virtual courses included in the training. Email [email protected] with details of your specific prior courses and payments to receive more details.
- all rates are listed in USD
Sliding Scale options and scholarships
- Sliding scale option: pay with a $208 deposit and 12 installments ranging from $100 to $140, based upon what works for your budget.
- This option is for those whose economic resources have been affected by historical racism, economic inequity, challenging international exchange rates or the current situation with covid. If this resonates, you can sign up with the sliding scale option at the rate that best fits your circumstances.
- If the sliding scale options above are out of reach, there will be a form on the next page where you can share what would make it possible for you to join.