“The biggest embrace you’ll ever make is to embrace yourself completely. Then you’ll realize you’ve just embraced the whole universe, and everything and everybody in it.” ~ Adyashanti
If someone would have asked us all those many months ago, “What would you miss most if you had to stay inside for over a year?” what would your answer be.
Mine, well..not airplanes, suitcases, security lines and parking tickets; however, all those things allowed me…YOU. Here we are, the doors are tentatively opening and we can imagine a time we get to gather in community, in voice, in embrace. How will it be?
We sit with a radically shifted world, in which the sense of control we thought we had, fell away. As we step slowly back toward connection, we confront new ways of seeing ourselves, our world, and the sacred in every moment.
This offering is meant to stoke the fire that supports the burning through old belief structures, habits, patterns and addictions and creates the container for living the practices of yoga.
This will be an exploration of SADHANA (daily spiritual practice) and connection with the divine inside and all around. These practices offer a powerful tool to arrive at a purpose filled life.
Hybrid Virtual + In-person | Teacher Training Program
As we begin to emerge into a changed world, I am offering a unique hybrid option 300-hour teacher training. We will begin with a virtual curriculum designed to establish a foundation for your teaching to emanate from your own depth of studentship and lived experience with yoga.
For the latter portion we will gather in-person for a 108-hour residential immersion. A 20-30 elective (virtual or in-person) completes your training program.
- Explore yoga as a living practice, spanning 5 months of immersive training.
- Join a global community of committed practitioners to build connection.
- Learn through a mix of pre-recorded (on demand) training content alongside live discussion sessions, offerings from incredible guest teachers, and live practices.
- Establish your practice as the guide for sharing with others.
The program is registered with Yoga Alliance (and approved for virtual offerings through the end of 2021)
This program includes 6-months of virtual study plus a 108-hour residential immersion.
- Philosophical perspectives of the 8-limbed path
- Foundational anatomy
- In-depth study of vinyasa, slow flow, and restorative techniques
- Alignment based upon both anatomy and energetic connection
- Sequencing as story-telling
- Teaching from your own personal practice
- 5 virtual courses
- Peer study and teaching groups (you’ll be matched with 5-7 others in the training and you’ll meet about once per month for discussion and teaching)
- Living Yoga Practices
- 30 hours of teaching (outside of peer teaching)
- Submission of a short teaching video at the end of the training
- Live Virtual practices and discussion sessions (see below)
- 108-hour residential immersion: Choose from Path of Devotion (in Mexico) or Bali Earth & Sky (tuition for the residential immersion is in addition to the virtual portion listed below).
- One 20-30 hour elective (can be in-person or virtual)
This program is designed to support you in finding your own path as a student and from there, as a teacher.
The full 300-hour program is registered with Yoga Alliance. Upon successful completion of the program, you’ll receive a 300-hour certificate. You’ll have the option to register with Yoga Alliance at the 500-hour level by submitting your prior 200-hour certificate and the 300-hour certificate from the Stone Yoga School.
The core curriculum for the course will be offered through 9 virtual course areas (260 hours total). These are presented in pre-recorded modules that you can work through at your own pace and time, so that you can join from anywhere in the world. Live sessions for each course and for the training as a whole will support continued connection.
- Available when you enroll: Living the 8 Limbs (50 hours)
- August 5-September 2—Energetic Alignment (25 hours)
- September 9-October 14—Intuitive Sequencing (25 hours)
- September 23-November 17—In Parts the Whole (35 hours)
- November 11-December 10—40 day sadhana (20 hours)
Each individual course area includes
- Dharma talks and discussions that outline key themes
- Techniques and detailed exploration
- Multiple practices (asana, meditation, mantra, pranayama)
Live sessions will be offered throughout
- These sessions will include special guest teachers, breakout groups and discussion sessions and explorations of special topics.
- Sessions will alternate between different times that are friendly for various regions of the world
- If you cannot attend a live session, they will be recorded for viewing later, and you’ll be asked to share in the discussion before and after.
The training program also includes access to Janet’s membership program, which includes several live virtual practices/month. You’ll be asked to attend (or practice with the recording) at least 4 of these per month.
Required books for 300 hour program
- Awakening Shakti by Sally Kempton
- Embrace Yoga’s Roots: Courageous Ways to Deepen Your Yoga Practice by Susanna Barkataki
- A Life Worth Breathing by Max Strom
- Yoga for a World out of Balance by Michael Stone
- Music & Mantras by Girish Cruden (also for Chanting course)
- The Path of the Yoga Sutras: A Practical Guide to the Core of Yoga by Nicolai Bachman (also for 8 Limbs course)
Books recommended for individual virtual courses
- The Path of the Yoga Sutras: A Practical Guide to the Core of Yoga by Nicolai Bachman
- Yoga of the Subtle Body by Tias Little
- The Yoga Technique Guide by Bruce Bowditch
- The Yoga Practice Guide 2: Sequencing and Pranayama for Energy Balancing by Bruce Bowditch
- My Grandmother’s Hands by Resmaa Menakem
- Anatomy of Movement by Blandine Calais-Germain
- Functional Anatomy of Yoga by David Keil
Timing and Tuition
Enrollment is open
- You can begin with your electives and Living the 8 Limbs as soon as you enroll.
- Enrollment will close 1 week after the training begins (the training starts on August 5, 2021).
- The training program will span a full year (for peer groups and live sessions)
Enrollment fee: $2178 includes
- This fee Includes access to the five virtual courses that make up the foundational curriculum, live practice membership with Janet for 1 year, and program infrastructure (live sessions, peer groups, etc.)
- We offer several payment options for the enrollment fee: pay in full, pay in 3 installments, pay with a deposit + 10 installments. We also offer sliding scale options and partial scholarships for the enrollment fee.
- All options are in USD.
- 108-hour residential immersion: ~$2800-4000 depending on room options and location; does not include airfare and ground transportation. Options include Path of Devotion | Haramara and Bali | Earth & Sky
- 1 elective: This can be virtual or in-person. Tuition is typically $200-300; travel costs and accommodations for live electives are addition.