This 10-month virtual immersion provides multi-dimensional study of the practices of yoga. Through 9 distinct virtual courses, we’ll cover:
- Philosophical perspectives of the 8-limbed path
- Foundational anatomy
- In-depth study of vinyasa, slow flow, and restorative techniques
- Alignment based upon both anatomy and energetic connection
- Sequencing as story-telling
- Teaching from your own personal practice
The core curriculum for the course will be offered through 9 virtual course areas (260 hours total). These are presented in pre-recorded modules that you can work through at your own pace and time, so that you can join from anywhere in the world. Live sessions for each course and for the training as a whole will support continued connection.
- February 4-April 28—Living the 8 Limbs (50 hours)
- March 23-April 22— Chanting: Yoga of the Heart (30 hours)
- April 22-May 26—Energetic Alignment (25 hours)
- May 27-July 7—Intuitive Sequencing (25 hours)
- June 3-July 14—Assisting (30 hours)
- July 15-August 18—Anatomy of Emotion (25 hours)
- September 23-November 17—In Parts the Whole (35 hours)
- November 11-December 10—40 day sadhana (20 hours)
- November 11-December 8—Nourish (20 hours)
Each individual course area includes
- Dharma talks and discussions that outline key themes
- Techniques and detailed exploration
- Multiple practices (asana, meditation, mantra, pranayama)
300 hour requirements
- The core curriculum outlined above
- Peer study and teaching groups (you’ll be matched with 5-7 others in the training and you’ll meet about once per month for discussion and teaching)
- Live virtual practices and discussions sessions (see below)
- Sankalpa exercise (details are outlined in the course portal, upon enrollment)
- service project (details are outlined in the course portal, upon enrollment)
- 30 hours of teaching (outside of peer teaching)
- Submission of a short teaching video at the end of the training
- This program is designed to support you in finding your own path as a student and from there, as a teacher.
- The full 300-hour program is registered with Yoga Alliance. Upon successful completion of the program, you’ll receive a 300-hour certificate. You’ll have the option to register with Yoga Alliance at the 500-hour level by submitting your prior 200-hour certificate and the 300-hour certificate from the Stone Yoga School.
Live sessions will be offered throughout the course.
- These sessions will include special guest teachers, breakout groups and discussion sessions and explorations of special topics.
- Sessions will alternate between different times that are friendly for various regions of the world
- If you cannot attend a live session, they will be recorded for viewing later, and you’ll be asked to share in the discussion before and after.
The training program also includes access to Janet’s membership program, which includes several live virtual practices/month. You’ll be asked to attend (or practice with the recording) at least 4 of these per month.
Required books for 300 hour program
- Awakening Shakti by Sally Kempton,
- A Life Worth Breathing by Max Strom
- Polishing the Mirror by Ram Dass
- Yoga for a World out of Balance by Michael Stone
- The Ramayana by Ramesh Menon
- The Path of the Yoga Sutras: A Practical Guide to the Core of Yoga by Nicolai Bachman (also for 8 Limbs course)
Books recommended for individual virtual courses
- The Yamas and the Niyamas by Deborah Adele
- The Path of the Yoga Sutras: A Practical Guide to the Core of Yoga by Nicolai Bachman
- Music & Mantras by Girish Cruden
- Yoga of the Subtle Body by Tias Little
- The Yoga Technique Guide by Bruce Bowditch
- The Yoga Practice Guide 2: Sequencing and Pranayama for Energy Balancing by Bruce Bowditch
- My Grandmother’s Hands by Resmaa Menakem
- Start Where you Are: A Guide for Compassionate Living by Pema Chodron
- Waking the Tiger: Healing Trauma by Peter A. Levine
- A Little Book on the Human Shadow by Robert Bly
- No Mud, No Lotus by Thich Nhat Hanh
- Swamplands of the Soul: New Life in Dismal Places by James Hollis
- Anatomy of Movement by Blandine Calais-Germain
- Functional Anatomy of Yoga by David Keil
- Restore & Rebalance: Yoga for Deep Relaxation by Judith Lasater
Enrollment is open and early bird rates are in effect through January 20, 2021.
To enroll, complete the application below. You’ll be redirected to payment options after completing the application.
- Payment options include
- pay in full (one installment of $3288)
- pay in 3 installments (3 payments of $1096)
- pay with a $408 deposit and the remainder in 12 installments of $240
- Rates will also be adjusted for those who previously enrolled in any of the virtual courses included in the training. Email [email protected] with details of your specific prior courses and payments to receive more details.
Sliding Scale options and scholarships
- Sliding scale option: pay with a $208 deposit and 12 installments ranging from $140 to $180, based upon what works for your budget.
- This option is for those whose economic resources have been affected by historical racism, economic inequity, challenging international exchange rates or the current situation with covid. If this resonates, you can sign up with the sliding scale option at the rate that best fits your circumstances.
- If the sliding scale options above are out of reach, please complete this form to share more about what would make it possible for you to join. Please also complete the application below to complete your submission.