October 6-8 | Assisting Immersion – Beyond the Basics
Are you a yoga teacher interested in creative ways to support your students in their practice? Are you looking to build a foundation of courageous, compassionate assists? Or are you a yoga student seeking a deeper understanding of alignment?
Over her 16 years of teaching, Janet has cultivated her powerful touch and ability to support alignment with focused and generous assists. In this workshop we take it to the next level and drop into the powerful support of many long time assistants.
In this workshop you will:
- Work with others on finding a depth of touch that guides and supports
- Discover directions of movement
- Deepen the quality of communication through touch.
- Explore the two-way communication of assisting, listening to your own and another’s energetic and physical cues.
- Develop confidence and ease in connecting with students of varying levels of experience.
- Bring renewed attention to the breath as a tool for assisting students.
- Gain direct experience in offering assists for foundational and challenging postures.
- See students’ bodies in new ways, so that you can offer personalized assists.
- Explore assisting as a unique aspect of practice and teaching.
Prerequisite: Previous assisting courses with Janet or approval. Email [email protected] with questions.
Friday, October 6
8am-3pm, Planet Granite, 924 Mason Street, San Francisco
Saturday, October 7
9-10:45 am, Janet’s Public Class at Yoga Tree Castro, 97 Collingwood
1-5 pm, Planet Granite, 924 Mason Street, San Francisco
Sunday, October 8
9am-2pm, Planet Granite, 924 Mason Street, San Francisco
Receive 30 hours of Yoga Alliance continuing education credit: 19 contact hours and 11 hours of practice assisting. This program qualifies towards the Janet Stone Yoga 500hr and 1000hr Teacher Training Programs.
$208 by September 15
$308 after September 16
Plus $20 for Janet’s Saturday class