Virtual Course Bundle
This two-course bundle offers an intuitive, creative and introspective approach to crafting a practice. The two courses are designed to work together to integrate experience, intuition and energetic awareness to create sequences that support alignment from the inside out.
In Energetic Alignment, we explore an intuitive and playful approach to alignment that goes beyond muscle and bone. By engaging the Pancha Vayus (the 5 directions of prana), we’ll explore alignment that draws upon internal wisdom.
In Intuitive Sequencing, we’ll dive into an intuitive and introspective approach to crafting a practice. This course is designed to connect you to your own rhythm while opening to the pace and energy of others.Register Now
You’ll learn to
- Create a steady foundation for both simple and complex postures.
- Use your own body to explore shapes, transitions, and how to string them together
- Align the physical body with emotions, experience and history
- Bring sankalpa/intention into each pose and the transitions between poses
- Integrate a sense of spanda (expansion and contraction) into practice
- Explore the five directions of prana as a foundation to physical and emotional integration and alignment
- Understand the key anatomical foundations for alignment, via guest teacher, Harvey Deutch
- Explore your own practice as the foundation for building asana sequences
- Discover ways to integrate story, theme, and music into class
- Build upon your knowledge of alignment in static poses, in order to more effectively connect postures
- Learn how to progressively build a sequence that utilizes both muscular engagement and energetic opening
- How to create phrases of sequences and build those into chapters and stories
- Practice building and teaching sequences
Energetic Alignment Course Focus
- Finding the physical alignment that works for your body.
- Supporting your students as they explore their body’s internal wisdom.
- Exploring asana and flow from a place of stability and ease
- Allowing prana to move through the body and through the pose.
- Finding a sense of wholeness in the body.
Intuitive Sequencing Course Focus
- Sequencing as storytelling, with a beginning, middle and end
- Kriya Yoga (the yoga of action): through tapas (discipline), svadhyaya (self-study) and ishvara pranidhana (surrender)
- How to plan and prepare so you can respond to the moment
- Practices and contemplations to find your story and share it
- Elements of the prelude and introduction
- Building blocks of practice, such types of poses and pranayama, bandha work, chanting and stillness
- Ways to create dynamic sequences that offer a sense of connection, inward focus, and a wider view
- Ideas to carry the theme through the end of class
- The shift from script to intuition
Over 12 weeks, we will explore alignment and sequencing from the inside out
- Available February 13: Introductory Materials
- March 5: Prana Vayu | The sense of drawing in
- March 12: Apana Vayu | The sense of rooting down
- March 19: Samana Vayu | The sense of circulating inward
- March 26: Udana Vayu | The sense of expanding upward
- April 2: Vyana Vayu | The sense of emanating outward
- April 9: Energetic Alignment wrap-up + Intuitive Sequencing Introduction
- April 16: Prelude | Setting the Scene
- April 23: Introduction | Introducing theme and intention
- April 30: Chapters | Creating dynamic, connected sequences
- May 7: Conclusion & Epilogue | Finding Integration
- May 14: From Script to Intuition | Exploring wholeness and enoughness
- May 21: Integration | Sequencing with the Vayus
Weekly modules include
- Dharma talk and conceptual overview
- Pranayama, Mantra and/or mudra
- Practical Applications of key concepts
- Energetic Alignment: Anatomy lesson + discussion with guest teacher, Harvey Deutch
- Intuitive Sequencing: Movement sequences
- Questions for Contemplation
- Homework and activities to support you in applying the course to your practice and teaching
This immersion is for
- Dedicated yoga practitioners who feel the calling to go deeper, to experience a sense of coherence in their practice and teaching
- Yoga teachers who wish to create inventive and unique sequences for their classes
- Those who have gone through yoga teacher training, but want to gain a more complete grasp of sequencing before beginning to teach
- Anyone who wishes to experience more self-trust, strength and certainty on their path
The following books are recommended for the course. These books are not required for the course, but they are offered for those who learn best when there is reading to accompany the content. All are available via Amazon or the links provided.
- Yoga of the Subtle Body by Tias Little
- The Yoga Technique Guide by Bruce Bowditch
- The Yoga Practice Guide 2: Sequencing and Pranayama for Energy Balancing by Bruce Bowditch
- Waking the Tiger: Healing Trauma by Peter Levine
Logistics and training hours
The course is hosted on an easy-to-use learning platform, so that each weeks’ materials are at your fingertips. A new module is available each week, and you can work through the week’s content at your own pace, from anywhere in the world.
The immersion can be taken for 50 non-contact hours for continuing education or Janet’s 300/500-hour program.
Enrollment is open. We’re offering a special super early rate for two weeks. Listed tuition reflects this, and will increase on Friday, February 28. Payment plans are available.Register Now
About Janet Stone
Janet’s studentship began at 17 under the meditation teachings of Prem Rawat. His reverence for simplicity and finding joy in the rise and fall of life live on in her practice and teaching today. In 1996, she traveled to India, the birthplace of her grandfather, and became dedicated to the path of yoga. Janet blends the alchemy of her own practice with decades of studentship. She aspires not to teach but to allow the practice to emanate from her, letting awareness blend with movement and breath. Based in Bali and San Francisco, she leads immersions, retreats, workshops and more.
With Special Guest Teacher (Energetic Alignment), Harvey Deutch
Acclaimed physical therapist, yogi, and beloved teacher, Harvey Deutch, P.T. has been merging the art and science of yoga and physical therapy for over 33 years, exploring and perfecting the the nuances of each. His laser-sharp precision and keen eye for working with the physical form join his innate ability to understand and finesse the energetic body. Along with his signature humor, Harvey is well-known for taking two-dimensional anatomy off the page and making it burst alive on the mat.
Harvey is the founder, owner, and senior therapist at Red Hawk Physical Therapy in San Francisco. When not healing bodies at his thriving clinic, Harvey leads sell-out workshops and retreats at The Esalen Institute and at yoga studios throughout California. He is also the senior anatomy teacher for Yoga Tree San Francisco’s teacher trainings.