Perched where land meets the sea, the Esalen Institute offers expansive views and a pace that cultivates stillness. Join Janet for her second 108-hour training in Big Sur, California. Oh, and did we mention hot springs?
Whether you’re an established yoga teacher, an aspiring teacher, or a dedicated student of yoga, a deep exploration of the yogic path creates space for transformation.
This unique ten-day training begins by establishing your svadharma, your path through the practice of yoga as a living practice. To identify your svadharma, you’ll proceed from inquiry to action back to inquiry through:
- Sankalpa: Clarify your intention so you know where you want to go on the path of yoga. Why do I practice?
- Adhikara: Closely look at your own practice so you can honestly assess your strengths and your greatest opportunities for growth. What is the state of my practice now?
- Sadhana: Manifest the path you’ve mapped for yourself through detailed instruction, practice teaching, and study. Where do I want my path of practice to lead me?
With this deeper understanding of your personal path of yoga, you can proceed to the training’s core curriculum, with experienced guidance from Janet Stone and top-of-their-field guest teachers.
Other course activities and components include the following:
- Meditation: Find the foundation for stilling your mind and connecting with
- Mantra and bhakti: Open your heart and your voice in a practice of devotion, surrender, and offering
- Asana, alignment, anatomy, and assisting: Come to the physical practice as a means to awakening, liberation, and compassion
- Pranayama: Connect with breath and the subtle body to nourish your life force
- Study: Immerse yourself in the teachings of tantra and learn how to incorporate the philosophy into your life and teaching
- Philosophy: Explore the history and philosophy behind the practice in your life through storytelling and discussion
- Ethics: Get real with the yamas and niyamas, which are simple tools for a wholesome and integrated life
- Find your voice: Work with others to apply what you are learning to your teaching, sharing and practice.
Who is this immersion for?
This immersion is designed for teachers, aspiring teachers, and long-term practitioners of yoga. Those who complete the training will be eligible for 100 hours of Yoga Alliance Credit. All hours are applicable to the Janet Stone Yoga 200- and 300/500-hour training programs. Please bring a yoga mat.
Tuition for this program is$2075 for sleeping bag space (currently full, with a waitlist), $2790 for bunk bed, $3660 for standard accommodations, and $6400 for premium single. These costs include accommodations, meals, and tuition. Travel and ground transportation are not included.
The training offers 108 hours towards Janet’s 200, 300 and 500 programs.Begin Registration
*Please note this link will take you to the Esalen website.
You can reach out to Esalen directly with questions about the registration process, and to [email protected] for questions about the training.