Perched where land meets the sea, the Esalen Institute offers expansive views and a pace that cultivates stillness. Join Janet for her second 108-hour training in Big Sur, California. Oh, and did we mention hot springs?
Whether you’re an established yoga teacher, an aspiring teacher, or simply a student of yoga, this immersion offers a pathway to deepen our relationship with self through the lens of bhakti—the devotional, heart-centered path of yoga. We will establish a foundation of living our daily life through the practices of yoga.
On the powerful and transformative lands of Esalen, on the cliffs of Big Sur, this unique 10-day training begins by establishing your svadharma, your own personal path.
We’ll explore core concepts of practice:
- Sankalpa: Unearth your deepest intention/soul longing. What am I up to with this precious life resource?
- Adhikara: Assess your strengths and your greatest opportunities for growth.
- Sadhana: Integrate practice and self-study into everyday life. How do I create a personal practice that is sustainable and attainable?
With this deeper understanding of your personal path of yoga, we’ll dive into the training’s core curriculum, with experienced guidance from Janet Stone and top-of-their-field guest teachers.
(This training also includes required unit hours in the Esalen baths and watching the sun set over the Pacific).
Course activities and components include the following:
- Meditation: Slow the fluctuations of the mind to experience presence.
- Mantra/Chanting: Open your heart through your voice in a practice of devotion, surrender, and clear intention
- Storytelling: Connect to your own inner archetypes through the power of mythology.
- Asana, alignment, anatomy, and assisting: Come to the physical practice as a means to self-study, awakening and liberation
- Pranayama: Use the breath to access the subtle body to nourish your life force
- Philosophy: Explore the history and philosophy through the practice and discussion
- Ethics: Align with the yamas and niyamas, which are simple tools for clarity and integrity.
- Find your voice: Work with others to apply what you are learning to your teaching, sharing and practice.
Who is this immersion for?
This immersion is designed for teachers, aspiring teachers, and long-term practitioners of yoga. Those who complete the training will be eligible for 100 hours of Yoga Alliance Credit. All hours are applicable to the Janet Stone Yoga 200- and 300/500-hour training programs. Please bring a yoga mat.
We expect to finalize dates and open enrollment soon.