Whether you’re an established yoga teacher, an aspiring teacher or simply a student of yoga, this immersion offers a pathway to deepen our relationship with self through the lens of bhakti — the devotional, heart-centered path of yoga. We will establish a foundation of living our daily life through the practices of yoga.
On the powerful and transformative lands of Esalen, on the cliffs of Big Sur, this unique 10-day training begins by establishing your svadharma, your own personal path. We’ll explore core concepts such as:
- Sankalpa: Unearthing your deepest intention/soul longing. What am I up to with this precious life resource?
- Adhikara: Assessing your strengths and your greatest opportunities for growth.
- Sadhana: Integrating practice and self-study into everyday life. How do I create a personal practice that is sustainable and attainable?
With this deeper understanding of your personal path of yoga, we’ll dive into the training’s core curriculum with experienced guidance from Janet Stone and top-of-their-field guest teachers.
- Meditation: Slowing the fluctuations of the mind to experience presence
- Mantra/Chanting: Opening your heart through your voice in a practice of devotion, surrender and clear intention
- Storytelling: Connecting to your own inner archetypes through the power of mythology
- Asana, alignment, anatomy and assisting: Coming to the physical practice as a means to self-study, awakening and liberation
- Pranayama: Using the breath to access the subtle body to nourish your life force
- Philosophy: Exploring the history and philosophy through the practice and discussion
- Ethics: Aligning with the yamas and niyamas, which are simple tools for clarity and integrity
- (This training also includes required unit hours in the Esalen baths and watching the sun set over the Pacific)
Who this Training is for
This immersion is designed for teachers, aspiring teachers and long-term practitioners of yoga. Those who complete the training will be eligible for 108 hours of Yoga Alliance Credit. All hours are applicable to the Janet Stone Yoga 200-, 300-, and 10o8-hour training programs.
This training counts as 108-hours toward Janet’s 200-, 300-, 500-, or 1008 hour programs.
Enrollment for the training is through Esalen. Accommodations range from $2075 (sleeping bag spots)-$3360 (standard rooms) per person. Sleeping bags and bunk spots traditionally sell out very quickly.
A 30% deposit (based upon room type) is required to hold your space. We encourage you to review Esalen’s cancellation policy before booking.
If you have questions about booking, email [email protected]Begin Registration