- the ability to understand something immediately, without the need for conscious reasoning.
- a thing that one knows or considers likely from instinctive feeling rather than conscious reasoning.
Create sequences that resonate
Whether you are a teacher seeking inspiration to create class sequences that inspire and connect or a student looking for tools to enhance your personal practice, this virtual immersion will offer an intuitive and introspective approach to crafting a practice. Tap into your own rhythm while opening to the pace and energy of others. Create sequences that reflect the collective energy in the room (and beyond), that are structured to support both experienced and new students. Sequence from a place of deeper knowing, and integrate theme, story, and music.
You’ll learn to:
- Explore your practice as the foundation for building asana sequences
- Discover ways to integrate story, theme, and music into class
- Tap into your creativity as a teacher or practitioner
- Use your own body to explore shapes, transitions, and how to string them together
- Deepen your understanding of the biomechanics of asana and transitions
- Build upon your knowledge of alignment in static poses, in order to more effectively connect postures
- Learn how to progressively build a sequence that utilizes both muscular engagement and energetic opening
- Invoke intention (Sankalpa) and carry it through a practice
- How to create phrases of sequences and build those into chapters and stories
- Practice building and teaching sequences
To sequence from an intuitive space, we’ll explore:
- Sequencing as stroytelling, with a beginning, middle and end
- Kriya Yoga (the yoga of action): through tapas (discipline), svadhyaya (self-study) and ishvara pranidhana (surrender)
- How to plan and prepare so you can respond to the moment
This immersion is for:
- Dedicated yoga practitioners who feel the calling to go deeper, to experience a sense of coherence in their practice and teaching
- Yoga teachers who wish to create inventive and unique sequences for their classes
- Those who have gone through yoga teacher training, but want to gain a more complete grasp of sequencing before beginning to teach
- Anyone who wishes to experience more self-trust, strength and certainty on their path
Over five weeks, we will explore:
- Practices and contemplations to find your story and share it
- Elements of the prelude and introduction
- Building blocks of practice, such types of poses and pranayama, bandha work, chanting and stillness
- Ways to create dynamic sequences that offer a sense of connection, inward focus, and a wider view
- Ideas to carry the theme through the end of class
- The shift from script to intuition
Each weekly practice set includes:
- An Introduction to the Week
- Movement sequences
- Practical Applications of key concepts
- Questions for Contemplation
- Homework and activities to explore new ways to build sequences
The course is hosted on an easy-to-use learning platform, so that each weeks’ materials are at your fingertips. All students receive Lifetime Access to the course.
The immersion can be taken for 25 non-contact hours for continuing education or Janet’s 300/500-hour program.
About Janet Stone
Janet’s studentship began at 17 under the meditation teachings of Prem Rawat. His reverence for simplicity and finding joy in the rise and fall of life live on in her practice and teaching today. In 1996, she traveled to India, the birthplace of her grandfather, and became dedicated to the path of yoga. Janet blends the alchemy of her own practice with decades of studentship. She aspires not to teach but to allow the practice to emanate from her, letting awareness blend with movement and breath. Based in Bali and San Francisco, she leads immersions, retreats, workshops and more.