4 week online training
Restorative & Slow Flow
As the light dissipates, our bodies are called to slow down, even as the world outside keeps moving in frenetic laps.
Over four weeks, we’ll drop into body, mind, spirit to find the spaces between effort and surrender. By making space to slow down and find stillness, we allow our system to release into its great integrative power.
- Ways to replenish the nervous system
- Practices to move out of the fight or flight cyclical response and learn to nourish adrenals
- Slow and fluid sequences to cultivate sustainable power from the inside out
- Restorative postures that can be woven into your practice and teachings
- Meditation to refill mind, body, spirit
- Pranayama to balance hormone levels
- Chanting to awaken your hearts longing
- Ways to integrate introspective movement into personal practice and teaching
Throughout the course, we’ll explore conscious relaxation and what it is to cultivating a deep, inner stillness. Through this stillness, we have the opportunity to deepen our understanding of what guides our actions.
Each week, a new module will be released. You can watch the videos in that module on your own schedule.
- Introductory week: Preparation, Props, and Course Overview
- Module 1: Slowing Down: Finding Wisdom and Wholeness
- Module 2: Exploring the Senses
- Module 3: Finding Compassion
- Module 4: Cultivating Sustainability
Each week will include
- A discussion of the week’s theme, including the physiology and philosophy underlying the theme
- A guided Slow flow sequence
- A guided restorative practice
- A breakdown of 6-7 restorative poses
Throughout the course, we’ll recommend readings from Restore & Rebalance: Yoga for Deep Relaxation by Judith LasaterRegister Now
The immersion can be taken for 20 non-contact hours for continuing education or Janet’s 300/500/1008-hour programs.
About Janet Stone
Janet’s studentship began at 17 under the meditation teachings of Prem Rawat. His reverence for simplicity and finding joy in the rise and fall of life live on in her practice and teaching today. In 1996, she traveled to India, the birthplace of her grandfather, and became dedicated to the path of yoga. Janet blends the alchemy of her own practice with decades of studentship. She aspires not to teach but to allow the practice to emanate from her, letting awareness blend with movement and breath. Based in Bali and San Francisco, she leads immersions, retreats, workshops and more.
Use the form below to enroll. Pay in full and payment plans are available.