Path of Devotion. Let’s break this down.
Path: a course or direction in which a person is moving.
The current circumstances may bring forth uncertainty about where we are headed, and we may be unsure of what’s next in our lives. Through this, each new day offers a chance to live fully into our path and bring us more in line with our deepest intentions. The traditional sense of achievements are on pause, allowing us to carve out a path that is in integrity with where we want to place our attention and time.
Devotion: what we devote our time, attention, our life force to.
This is a recommitment to the love and enthusiasm we bring to this life and to each moment.
As we tiptoe back into connection with community, we make space for ten days of deep self study, yoga practice, and falling in love with life again and again. We’ll bring great care and attention toward safety, social spaciousness, and the well-being of those around us.
In this immersion, we deepen our relationship with self through the lens of bhakti — the devotional, heart-centered path of yoga. We will establish a foundation of living our daily life with love and devotion to each breath.
We’ll gather at Haramara Retreat in the jungles of Mexico, where there is plenty of room for social spaciousness, fresh air, ease, and a deep settling into our beings.
This unique 10-day training begins by establishing your svadharma, your own personal path.
Three themes will create a foundation for our practice and study:
- Sankalpa: Unearthing your deepest intention/soul longing. What am I up to with this precious life resource?
- Adhikara: Assessing your strengths and your greatest opportunities for growth.
- Sadhana: Integrating practice and self-study into everyday life. How do I create a personal practice that is sustainable and attainable?
With this deeper understanding of your personal path of yoga, we’ll dive into the training’s core curriculum with experienced guidance from Janet Stone and top-of-their-field guest teachers.
- Meditation: Slowing the fluctuations of the mind to experience presence
- Mantra/Chanting: Opening your heart through your voice in a practice of devotion, surrender and clear intention
- Pranayama: Using the breath to access the subtle body to nourish your life force
- Asana, alignment, and anatomy: Coming to the physical practice as a means of self-study and honoring of our embodiment
- Storytelling: Connecting to your own inner archetypes through the power of mythology
- Philosophy: Exploring the history and philosophy through the practice and discussion
Who this Training is for
This immersion is designed for teachers, aspiring teachers and long-term practitioners of yoga. Those who complete the training will be eligible for 108 hours of Yoga Alliance Credit. All hours are applicable to the Janet Stone Yoga 200-, 300-, and 10o8-hour training programs.
This training counts as 108-hours toward Janet’s 200- or 300-hour programs.
Social distancing protocols
- We will follow social distancing protocols in place in October. We are hopeful (based upon current public health projections) that these will be minimal. We may request proof of a negative covid test or vaccination, depending on the state of the pandemic.
All cabañas have a private bathroom with running water dedicated to that cabaña. Spaces are open air, with mosquito nets around each bed.
- Dorm: The dorm can accommodate 6-8 individuals, with two bathroom facilities.
- Quad: This is a larger cabaña with space for 4 individuals in twin beds.
- Triple: There are two cabañas with space for 3 individuals in twin beds.
- Double: Most of the cabañas can accommodate two with plenty of space, in either twin beds or a king.
- Single: This is a cabaña all to yourself.
The training is currently full. Please complete the form below to get on the waitlist for a spot.
If a spot opens and you are next on the waitlist, you’ll be invited to submit a $1008 deposit to secure your spot. The remainder can be paid via payment plan or in full closer to the training.
Generally, the training deposit is non-refundable; however, if covid-related restrictions require us to cancel the training or if an individual needs to cancel due to exposure or symptoms, we will offer refunds.