Path of Devotion. Let’s break this down.
Path: a course or direction in which a person is moving.
The current circumstances may bring forth uncertainty about where we are headed, and we may be unsure of what’s next in our lives. Through this, each new day offers a chance to live fully into our path and bring us more in line with our deepest intentions. The traditional sense of achievements are on pause, allowing us to carve out a path that is in integrity with where we want to place our attention and time.
Devotion: what we devote our time, attention, our life force to.
This is a recommitment to the love and enthusiasm we bring to this life and to each moment.
As we tiptoe back into connection with community, we make space for ten days of deep self study, yoga practice, and falling in love with life again and again. We’ll bring great care and attention toward safety, social spaciousness, and the well-being of those around us.
In this immersion, we deepen our relationship with self through the lens of bhakti — the devotional, heart-centered path of yoga. We will establish a foundation of living our daily life with love and devotion to each breath.
We’ll gather in the open space of northern California, where there is plenty of room for social spaciousness, ease, and a deep settling into our beings.
This unique 10-day training begins by establishing your svadharma, your own personal path.
Three themes will create a foundation for our practice and study:
- Sankalpa: Unearthing your deepest intention/soul longing. What am I up to with this precious life resource?
- Adhikara: Assessing your strengths and your greatest opportunities for growth.
- Sadhana: Integrating practice and self-study into everyday life. How do I create a personal practice that is sustainable and attainable?
With this deeper understanding of your personal path of yoga, we’ll dive into the training’s core curriculum with experienced guidance from Janet Stone and top-of-their-field guest teachers.
- Meditation: Slowing the fluctuations of the mind to experience presence
- Mantra/Chanting: Opening your heart through your voice in a practice of devotion, surrender and clear intention
- Pranayama: Using the breath to access the subtle body to nourish your life force
- Asana, alignment, and anatomy: Coming to the physical practice as a means of self-study and honoring of our embodiment
- Storytelling: Connecting to your own inner archetypes through the power of mythology
- Philosophy: Exploring the history and philosophy through the practice and discussion
Who this Training is for
This immersion is designed for teachers, aspiring teachers and long-term practitioners of yoga. Those who complete the training will be eligible for 108 hours of Yoga Alliance Credit. All hours are applicable to the Janet Stone Yoga 200-, 300-, and 10o8-hour training programs.
This training counts as 108-hours toward Janet’s 200-, 300-, 500-, or 1008 hour programs.
Social distancing protocols
- Masks/face coverings will be required in public spaces.
- For practice, mats will be spaced at least 6 feet apart, except existing social pods can practice closer together if desired.
- Masks will be worn until everyone is on their mat, taken off for practice, and placed back on for departure.
- Please bring your own props.
- Disinfection practices will be in place in public spaces, shared bathrooms, and sleeping spaces.
- The property is vast and spacious allowing for spacious hikes and quiet time.
- We highly recommend getting a covid test ~3 days before arrival.
We have 1 spot open in a small, private rooms and one camping spot available.
- Camping: Mandala Springs has many beautiful spots for camping, including spots alongside the creek with shade and picnic tables. This option requires you bring your own tent and camping gear (except for cooking, since meals are provided.
- Shared cottage: This option is solely for those living in the same household or those who have shared a social bubble. These are standalone cottages with a private bathroom for the cottage.
- Private room with shared bath: These are private rooms in a house. There are a total of 8 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms in the house; not all rooms will be occupied, but most bathrooms are accessed via shared hallways and some might be shared among 2 rooms.
- Small private room with shared bath: These are private rooms in a house. These are very small rooms in the 8 bedroom, 3 bath house; not all rooms will be occupied, but most bathrooms are accessed via shared hallways and some might be shared among 2 or 3 rooms.
- Shared deluxe house: This is a beautiful A-frame house with a kitchen, two bedrooms and a loft. There are 1.5 baths (in other words, the bathroom with a shower is partially shared).
- Private cottage: These are private standalone cottages with an en suite bathroom.
A deposit of $808 is required to secure your spot. The remainder can be paid in full or via a 10-month payment plan.
Generally, the training deposit is non-refundable; however, if covid-related restrictions require us to cancel the training or if an individual needs to cancel due to exposure or symptoms, we will offer refunds.