“The biggest embrace you’ll ever make is to embrace yourself completely. Then you’ll realize you’ve just embraced the whole universe, and everything and everybody in it.” ~ Adyashanti
What extraordinary times! Each one of us must sit with a radically shifted world, in which the sense of control we thought we had, fell away. We now face this great unknown without the ability to plan our way to comfort. Held in place, we can allow ourselves to slide into fear, judgment, shame or grasping, or we can sit in the fierce fire of the unknown and burn away what is not real, what is no longer, what is holding us back from our true never-changing nature.
This offering is meant to stoke the fire that supports the burning through old belief structures, habits, patterns and addictions and creates the container for living the practices of yoga.
This will be an exploration of SADHANA (daily spiritual practice) and connection with the divine inside and all around. These practices offer a powerful tool to arrive at a purpose filled life.
This 10-month virtual immersion provides multi-dimensional study of the practices of yoga. Through 9 distinct virtual courses, we’ll cover:
- Philosophical perspectives of the 8-limbed path
- Foundational anatomy
- In-depth study of vinyasa, slow flow, and restorative techniques
- Alignment based upon both anatomy and energetic connection
- Sequencing as story-telling
- Teaching from your own personal practice
300 hour requirements
- The curriculum outlined below
- Peer study and teaching groups (you’ll be matched with 5-7 others in the training and you’ll meet about once per month for discussion and teaching)
- Sankalpa exercise (details are outlined in the course portal, upon enrollment)
- service project (details are outlined in the course portal, upon enrollment)
- 30 hours of teaching (outside of peer teaching)
- Submission of a short teaching video at the end of the training
- This program is designed to support you in finding your own path as a student and from there, as a teacher.
- The full 300-hour program is registered with Yoga Alliance. Upon successful completion of the program, you’ll receive a 300-hour certificate. You’ll have the option to register with Yoga Alliance at the 500-hour level by submitting your prior 200-hour certificate and the 300-hour certificate from the Stone Yoga School.
The core curriculum for the course will be offered through 9 virtual course areas (260 hours total). These are presented in pre-recorded modules that you can work through at your own pace and time, so that you can join from anywhere in the world. Live sessions for each course and for the training as a whole will support continued connection.
- February 4-April 28—Living the 8 Limbs (50 hours)
- March 23-April 22— Chanting: Yoga of the Heart (30 hours)
- April 22-May 26—Energetic Alignment (25 hours)
- May 27-July 7—Intuitive Sequencing (25 hours)
- June 3-July 14—Assisting (30 hours)
- July 15-August 18—Anatomy of Emotion (25 hours)
- September 23-November 17—In Parts the Whole (35 hours)
- November 11-December 10—40 day sadhana (20 hours)
- November 11-December 8—Nourish (20 hours)
Each individual course area includes
- Dharma talks and discussions that outline key themes
- Techniques and detailed exploration
- Multiple practices (asana, meditation, mantra, pranayama)
In addition to the courses above, requirements include
- Virtual practices and live sessions, see details below (25 hours)
- Practice Teaching & Assisting (30 hours)
- December 14: Book reports and final reflection due
- December 15: Graduation
Live sessions will be offered every other week beginning in mid-September
- These sessions will include special guest teachers, breakout groups and discussion sessions and explorations of special topics.
- Sessions will alternate between different times that are friendly for various regions of the world
- If you cannot attend a live session, they will be recorded for viewing later, and you’ll be asked to share in the discussion before and after.
The training program also includes access to Janet’s membership program, which includes several live virtual practices/month. You’ll be asked to attend (or practice with the recording) at least 4 of these per month.
Required books for 300 hour program
- Awakening Shakti by Sally Kempton,
- A Life Worth Breathing by Max Strom
- Polishing the Mirror by Ram Dass
- Yoga for a World out of Balance by Michael Stone
- Music & Mantras by Girish Cruden (also for Chanting course)
- The Path of the Yoga Sutras: A Practical Guide to the Core of Yoga by Nicolai Bachman (also for 8 Limbs course)
Books recommended for individual virtual courses
- The Yamas and the Niyamas by Deborah Adele
- The Path of the Yoga Sutras: A Practical Guide to the Core of Yoga by Nicolai Bachman
- Music & Mantras by Girish Cruden
- Yoga of the Subtle Body by Tias Little
- The Yoga Technique Guide by Bruce Bowditch
- The Yoga Practice Guide 2: Sequencing and Pranayama for Energy Balancing by Bruce Bowditch
- My Grandmother’s Hands by Resmaa Menakem
- Start Where you Are: A Guide for Compassionate Living by Pema Chodron
- Waking the Tiger: Healing Trauma by Peter A. Levine
- A Little Book on the Human Shadow by Robert Bly
- No Mud, No Lotus by Thich Nhat Hanh
- Swamplands of the Soul: New Life in Dismal Places by James Hollis
- Anatomy of Movement by Blandine Calais-Germain
- Functional Anatomy of Yoga by David Keil
- Restore & Rebalance: Yoga for Deep Relaxation by Judith Lasater
Enrollment will open in December
Please complete the interest form below to receive an email when enrollment opens.
- Payment options include
- pay in full (one installment of $3288)
- pay in 3 installments (3 payments of $1096)
- pay with a $408 deposit and the remainder in 12 installments of $240
- Rates will also be adjusted for those who previously enrolled in any of the virtual courses included in the training. Email [email protected] with details of your specific prior courses and payments to receive more details.
Sliding Scale options and scholarships
- Sliding scale option: pay with a $208 deposit and 12 installments ranging from $120 to $160, based upon what works for your budget.
- This option is for those whose economic resources have been affected by historical racism, economic inequity, challenging international exchange rates or the current situation with covid. If this resonates, you can sign up with the sliding scale option at the rate that best fits your circumstances.
- Additional options for partial and full scholarships will be made available when enrollment opens.