Svadharma: To Find and Follow the Path of One’s Own Being.
“What am I ‘supposed’ to be doing?”
“Am I on the right path?”
All too often, we look outside of ourselves for the answers to these questions.
You might try to model after others, because their path looks like what you ‘should’ be doing – or its effects look appealing. Or perhaps you simply feel pulled in a million different directions by your culture, loved ones, and other outside forces.
A practice of living yoga requires you to turn inward to reveal:
- What is at YOUR core
- What is happening at this moment in your life
- Your current environment
- What you have ignored
- What is waiting to be nurtured within
In this 5-week virtual course, created by renowned ‘yoga warrior’ Janet Stone, you’ll explore Svadharma — Sva (own) Dharma (path).
Turning your attention to svadharma will help you discover tools to see beyond your limited perception and gaze deeper into your center, your soul or Atma: “an eternal, conscious, joyful and individual spark of Divine Being.”
Knowing your own soul and center will clarify for you the most compelling and effective path for your life, with all its various circumstances, lineage and passions.
As a result of this immersion, you’ll experience yoga not only as movement, meditation & breath, but also as a living, powerful practice for every moment of your life.Start Now!
Who This Is For:
- Dedicated yoga practitioners who feel the calling to go deeper, integrating the philosophy of yoga into their daily life & practice
- Yoga teachers who wish to better understand svadharma, and share it in their own teaching
- Those who have gone through yoga teacher training, but want to gain a more complete grasp of yoga philosophy before beginning to teach
- Anyone who wishes to experience more inner peace, strength and certainty on their path
What You’ll Learn:
Through the course, we’ll explore sankalpa, our deepest soul longing.
Our sankalpa can be buried by the sounds and visions of what everyone else is doing (or tells us we should be doing), and our patterns, habits, and addictions can also limit our capacity to live fully in our sankalpa.
Get ready to dig in to unearth your deeper vision and intention, as well as exploring…
- How to create an altar and practice space
- How to carve out time (even a little) for practice
- Sun Salutations with intention
- Morning cleansing rituals based on Ayurvedic principles
- Exploration of sankalpa (intention)
- Loosening the grip of the habits and patterns that keep us from our sankalpa
- Nourishment & food as ritual
This course is an opportunity to create a personalized practice that connects you to and reminds you of your unique path.
You can begin this course at any time. Upon registration, you’ll receive instant access to the Course Overview and Week 1 practices. Then you’ll receive a new set of practices each week for the duration of the program.
Each of the 5 weeks will focus on a different theme or teaching:
- WEEK 1: Making Space for Practice
- WEEK 2: Self-Care
- WEEK 3: Sankalpa/Intention
- WEEK 4: Svadharma/Your Path
- WEEK 5: Establishing a Steady Practice
Each weekly practice set includes:
- An Introduction to the Week
- Sun Salutations
- Questions for Contemplation
The course is hosted on an easy-to-use learning platform, so that each weeks’ materials are at your fingertips. All students receive Lifetime Access to the course.
The immersion can be taken for 20 non-contact hours for continuing education or Janet’s 300/500-hour program.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How is this course set up?
We are using an intuitive, yet robust learning platform, called Ruzuku. When you register and pay for the course, you’ll receive a personalized link to the course.
Will I get access to everything at once?
Not so much … in order to provide a container for this practice and process, a fresh set of daily practices will be offered each week.
What is the investment for the course?
Tuition is just $208 for the full 5-week immersion.
In what circumstances can I get a refund?
The course is non-refundable, since you get lifetime access to the content. If you have serious extenuating circumstances, email [email protected] and we’ll discuss options.
Can I re-watch or review content from earlier weeks?
Yes, absolutely. Once content for a week is unlocked, you will have access to that in the future.
How much time should I plan to spend on the course each week?
To a degree, this is up to you. Each week includes a 10-15 minute introduction, and about 30 minutes of daily guided practice divided among sun salutation, mantra, meditation, and pranayama.
The recommendation is to repeat the daily guided practice every day, so this would mean about 4 hours of video and practice each week.Start Now!