“Motherhood offers infinite lessons in the realms of surrender, empowerment, grace, mistakes, and patience—and then some more patience—as well as the endless unfurling of transitions and change. Practicing yoga amidst this adventure can support us in myriad ways to find our center.”
Janet and Yoga Journal co-developed this course to help women at any stage of motherhood feel strong and grounded—whether you have 5 minutes or 60 minutes a day to spare. This five-part series will help you handle stress, master patience, create stability, strengthen and heal your abdominal muscles and pelvic floor, and re-energize your body. An emphasis on asana, breath, meditation, core work throughout will help you stay centered no matter what life throws your way.
It is a practice for all mothers who want to feel stronger, and it is equally appropriate for the highest highs of parenting and for those moments when children push you to your very edge. Each week, Janet leads you through asana, meditation, mantra, and pranayama that focus on a critical theme of strong motherhood: staying grounded, finding all-day energy, going with the flow, building strength, and enjoying rest and restorative poses. You’ll finish the course with a suite of tools that can help you balance the highs and lows of motherhood while simultaneously taking care of yourself.
The course includes
- 4 5-minute meditation practices that bring on calm and restore energy;
- 4 5-minute mantra practices for courage and patience;
- 4 3- to 5-minute pranayama (breathing) techniques that foster focus and clarity;
- A 15-minute grounding asana practice;
- A 30-minute asana practice for sustained energy;
- A 20-minute vinayasa practice to help you go with the flow;
- A 20-minute asana practice for building physical and mental strength;
- A 20-minute restorative asana practice for embracing rest
- 5 healthy recipes for delicious, any-time energy
Even if you have just 5 minutes a day, taking time for self-care, especially if you’re a mom, can make all the difference for your physical and mental wellbeing.
You can mix and match and pick the practice you need most in the moment. Janet, who has two daughters of her own, shares personal stories about the practices that have helped her stay strong and inspired.
Use the code JANET100 to save $100 on enrollment.