Are you a yoga teacher interested in creative ways to support your students in their practice? Are you looking to build a foundation of courageous, compassionate assists? Or are you a yoga student seeking a deeper understanding of alignment within the flow of vinyasa?
Over her nearly 20 years of teaching, Janet has cultivated her powerful touch and ability to support alignment with focused and generous assists. In this workshop, her team of experienced assistants will also join her.
In this workshop you will:
• Learn to create a steady foundation for your own body while assisting.
• Explore the two-way communication of assisting, listening to your own and another’s energetic and physical cues.
• Develop confidence and ease in connecting with students of varying levels of experience.
• Connect with yogic principles such as ahimsa (non-harming), metta (loving-kindness), and svadhyaya (self-study).
• Experience the joy of giving and receiving assists with other experienced students and teachers.
• Learn how service to others can be an aspect of the yogic path.
• Bring renewed attention to the breath and the voice as tools for assisting students.
• Practice supporting advanced asanas, including arm balances and heart openers.Open to certified teachers, those in teacher training and students interested in deepening their personal practice. Students will receive 25 hours of Yoga Alliance continuing education credit: 19 contact hours and 6 hours of credit from your assigned self-study. This program qualifies towards the Janet Stone Yoga or Yoga Tree 300-hour, 500-hour, and 1000-hour Teacher Training Programs.
Friday | 7 am-3 pm
Saturday | Noon-5 pm
Sunday | 8 am-2 pm
Yoga Tree Teacher Training Center, 175 De Haro St.
$308 | $408 after May 3*
$208 for JSY and Yoga Tree teacher trainees**
In addition, approximately 1 hour of homework will be assigned each evening and follow-up reflections and writings will also be required.